Re: TriG production questions

From: Jan Wielemaker <J.Wielemaker@vu.nl>
Date: Fri, 17 May 2013 12:00:11 +0200
To: Andy Seaborne <andy.seaborne@epimorphics.com>
CC: <public-rdf-comments@w3.org>
On 05/17/2013 11:49 AM, Andy Seaborne wrote:

[this fragment is from Charles Greer, not answered by Andy]

> 1.  Could the spec be modified to allow TriG to be a superset of
> turtle?  Specifically, could the production rules be modified to allow
> a set of triples outside of any '{'  '}' to be the same as triples in a
> default anonymous graph?  It seems that even now, the rules allow
> multiple anonymous graph productions, whose union would be the unnamed
> graph.  It would be convenient if we could dispense with these anonymous
> curly braces altogether if possible.

Having implemented TriG yesterday on top of the Turtle parser, I must
say that I was happily surprised that TriG does not allow for triples
outside {}.  This means you can detect whether a document is a Turtle
or TriG document at the first triple.

	Cheers --- Jan