Re: The tone of the "JSON-LD vs. RDF" debate (was re: Sub-issue on the re-definition of Linked Data)

From: Gregg Reynolds <dev@mobileink.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2013 11:46:55 -0500
To: Sandro Hawke <sandro@w3.org>
Cc: Manu Sporny <msporny@digitalbazaar.com>, David Booth <david@dbooth.org>, Gregg Kellogg <gregg@greggkellogg.net>, Markus Lanthaler <markus.lanthaler@gmx.net>, public-rdf-comments <public-rdf-comments@w3.org>
On Mon, Jun 10, 2013 at 10:49 PM, Sandro Hawke <sandro@w3.org> wrote:

>  On 06/10/2013 10:29 PM, Manu Sporny wrote:
>
> JSON-LD was designed to be compatible with Semantic Web technologies like
> RDF and SPARQL.
>
> +1

> People intending to use JSON-LD with RDF tools
>
> Not sure how that would work.  Suggestion:  people intending to use
JSON-LD to express RDF data...
 (or "rdf graphs" or whatever).  My project currently uses an XML -> turtle
pipeline, where the XML is effectively used to express (represent, if you
like) "rdf data", just because it's easier to inspect and edit.  I look
forward to using JSON-LD to express the same thing in a directly
RDF-compatible language (or "RDF dialect"? "member of the RDF syntax
family"?).

-Gregg Reynolds