RE: JSON-LD Syntax request for FPWD via RDF WG

From: Markus Lanthaler <markus.lanthaler@gmx.net>
Date: Wed, 23 May 2012 00:28:16 +0800
To: "'Richard Cyganiak'" <richard@cyganiak.de>
Cc: "'Ivan Herman'" <ivan@w3.org>, <public-rdf-comments@w3.org>, "'Linked JSON'" <public-linked-json@w3.org>
> I'm not sure I understand the difference between the two (that is, what
> they can do and when I would use which). They both seem like ways to
> force a specific layout of the resulting JSON structure.
>
> Neither the syntax spec nor the API spec really seem to provide a high-
> level overview that describe what all the algorithms and all the
> compaction/expansion/framing/flattening business is about. Perhaps a
> short overview subsection in the syntax spec would be helpful?

Compaction doesn't change the tree structure whereas in framing you can
specify the desired tree serialization. I agree, some higher level
description would be helpful. As already said, the API spec isn't ready yet
:-)

If you are interested, we have a playground where you can try the different
operations:

http://json-ld.org/playground/

--
Markus Lanthaler