Use of xml:base in rdf:HTML Datatype

From: Gregg Kellogg <gregg@greggkellogg.net>
Date: Fri, 18 May 2012 18:25:58 -0400
To: "public-rdf-comments@w3.org" <public-rdf-comments@w3.org>
The editor's draft of RDF Concepts section on rdf:HTML Datatype [1] makes a specific callout about @lang needing to be included explicitly in the HTML literal. I presume that this reasoning also applies to any in-scope @xml:base (valid in XHTML5). So, if we consider the following:

  Interesting topic located <a href="bar">here</a>.

The xml:base context in effect during processing would _not_ be retained in the literal. This is probably worth a similar note in the concepts document.

Gregg

[1] http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/rdf/raw-file/default/rdf-concepts/index.html#section-html