Re: RDB2RDF mapping

Hi, guys! Thank you for the response. I know, that questions are a bit
difficult to understand, and believe me, they are also difficult to
formulate in one sentence.
I will try to response some of your doubts:

1. Both ETL and on-demand data access must be implemented - the statement
is, that the best practice is to implement both of them, in order to
increase the possible ways to use the dataset.
2. In case of automated mapping, the direct mapping requirements must be
satisfied; in case of manual mapping, it must be represented in R2RML - if
you are absolutely agree, please choose the option in the form =)
3. To improve the quality, explicitly related data from the database should
be implicitly incorporated into the mapping. Often, not only
primaryKey-foreignKey relations is hidden in the DB model. In our case, for
example, was such a relation:

Presentation1-has version-version1
Presentation1-has version-version2
Presentation1-has language-language1

Implicitly, this also means (in our case), that version1 and version2 has
language1. (Hope, my syntax is understandable)

Q4 - the queries in the application domain outside the r2rml context.
Q6 - remember please, that the proposed best practices will be used to
evaluate the quality of mapping. So, the question is, what do you
personally think: the reuse of existing ontologies increases, decreases or
does not influende the quality of mapping in general?

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
Kind regards,

Darya Tarasowa

Phd student

Enterprise Information Systems Department, University of Bonn,

Fraunhofer IAIS <http://www.iais.fraunhofer.de/>  <http://aksw.org/>