Re: (Editorial) Last Call Comments on the Direct Mapping document

Hi Ivan,

Thanks for your comments.

My comments inline. I have updated the Editor's draft accordingly [1]

Eric, Alexandre: there are two comments that I would like you guys to deal
with. Thanks!

[1] http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/rdb2rdf/directMapping/

On Tue, Oct 4, 2011 at 6:07 AM, Ivan Herman <ivan@w3.org> wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> some buglets...
>
> Ivan
>

> ------
> Right before 2.3, the bullet item with the note
>
> the predicate URI is wrong (it is still the former version), it should say
> <People#ref-deptName.deptCity>

Done!

> ----
> In the additional/changed triples in section 2.3, we should also add
>
> <People/ID-7> <People#ref-deptName.deptCity>
> <Department/name-accounting.city-Cambridge> .
>
> (this is also a triple that would change if the primary key was different)

Done!

> ----
> Appendix A.4, using set-builder notation:
>
> Rule [44] still includes an editorial comment
>
> //@@ I can't explain why this was:....
>
> Also: I must admit I did not have the time to check the whole thing in
> detail, but I do not see where the predicate URI-s using 'ref-XXXX-YYY' are
> created. Are you sure the 'ref-' prefix is indeed part of the definition?
> Should that be in [38]?

Eric, Alexandre: can you respond to this.

> ----
> Appendix A.4, using set notation
>
> I have the impression that [36] is wrong in the sense that it was not
> adapted to the latest version of the URI construction (still using '='
> sign...)
>
> Also, the same question on the 'ref-XXX-YYY' as for the previous version.
> Note also that the English text misses the 'ref-' string, too. Here again,
> it should be [38], shouldn't it?

Eric, Alexandre: can you respond to this.

> ----
> General comment on Appendix B
>
> It would be useful to use a different style (eg, background colour) for
> the boxes defining the mappings and the ones denoting an example.

Thanks for the suggestion. I followed the way R2RML does this. Done!

> -----
> Comment on Appendix B.3.1.
>
> I miss the reference to the reference property iri-s. It seems that the
> whole formalism uses the 'generateLiteralProperty' function only, but I
> would expect, in this case, a separate generateReferenceProperty function.
> This should be defined and referred to from here...

Thanks for catching this. Done!