Re: comments about XPath 3.0 request

I agree.

And I think working on the basis of the newest version is the most
efficient use of scarce time. Except for adding JSON support, there is
little difference between XPath 3.0 and XPath 3.1, so why not keep moving
forward, whether or not you happen to use the JSON support?

But as Mike points out, nobody is working on either at this point.  XQuery
3.1 / XPath 3.1 have satisfied the major requirements we were aware of.
Starting up a new activity around either XPath or XQuery would probably
require some interesting and important new set of requirements to satisfy.

Jonathan