Re: XQTS: why is multiple query elements allowed for test-case?

From: Andrew Eisenberg <andrew.eisenberg@us.ibm.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2005 13:53:53 -0500
To: Frans Englich <frans.englich@telia.com>
Cc: public-qt-comments@w3.org
A good question. Unfortunately, I'm not recalling any discussion of this
topic. I'll ask some of the other members and see if their memories are
better than mine.

                                                -- Andrew

--------------------
Andrew Eisenberg
IBM
4 Technology Park Drive
Westford, MA  01886

andrew.eisenberg@us.ibm.com
Phone: 978-399-5158    Fax: 978-399-7012

Frans Englich <frans.englich@telia.com>
Sent by: public-qt-comments-request@w3.org
11/13/2005 02:49 AM

public-qt-comments@w3.org
cc

Subject
XQTS: why is multiple query elements allowed for test-case?

Hello,

XQTSCatalog.xsd, as per the 0.8.0 release, allows multiple "query"
elements
for the test-case element. The relevant section looks like this:

   <xs:complexType name="test-case">
            <!-- ... -->
            <xs:element name="query" maxOccurs="unbounded">
               <!-- ... --->
                     </xs:element>

After checking by changing the schema, it appears that no test-case
element
have two or more query elements -- all have one.

I wonder, why is the cardinality unbounded for the query element? I don't
understand the purpose, why multiple queries can be of interest to specify

for one test case.

I'll submit a report if it turns out appropriate.

Cheers,

                                 Frans