Re: [Serialization] IBM-SE-003: Undeclare-namespaces parameter (qt-2004Feb0052-01)

From: Henry Zongaro <zongaro@ca.ibm.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2004 15:46:25 -0400
To: XML Query <xmlquery@us.ibm.com>, Don Chamberlin <chamberl@almaden.ibm.com>
Cc: public-qt-comments@w3.org

Don,

     In [1], you submitted the following comment on the Last Call Working
Draft of XSLT 2.0 and XQuery 1.0 Serialization.

<<
Serialization Section 3, "Serialization Parameters": The
"undeclare-namespaces" parameter needs a better explanation. I am guessing

that it means the following: If no namespace node attached to an element E

defines the namespace prefix P, but P is defined by a namespace node
attached to the parent of element E, then the serialization of element E
must contain a namespace declaration attribute that binds the prefix P to
an empty URI.

     Thank you for your comment, which I am handling editorially.

     The section titled, "Serialization Parameters" no longer includes a
description of the purpose of the "undeclare-namespaces" parameter.
Instead, I have attempted to improve the description of the parameter that
appears in the section titled, "XML Output Method: the
undeclare-namespaces Parameter".

     I would appreciate if you could check the next draft of the
specification when it becomes available, and verify that the description
that appears there is satisfactory..

Thanks,

Henry
[1]