RE: [XSLT2.0] PSVI, XPath, and optimization

Niko, you might be slightly surprised that the response to this comment
comes from the query group rather than the XSL group. The two groups work
closely together and at some stage we apparently decided to allocate the
responsibility for this one to Query. The decisions on dynamic operator
despatch are certainly core semantics issues where the WGs take joint
responsibility.

I would add one remark that's specific to XSLT, which is that we are indeed
adding a construct to the language to allow users to specify that a
stylesheet should treat the source document as untyped, effectively
discarding any type annotations that are present.

I do think that we need to try and educate XSLT users to declare the types
of variables and parameters whenever possible, to allow inferencing of the
types of results of expressions such as $a + $b.