[XSLT2.0] format-number function / xsl:decimal-format

From: Dan Culley <dpc9@georgetown.edu>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2004 23:19:02 -0400
To: <public-qt-comments@w3.org>

Is it possible to include a formatting option for significant figures?
For some of the scientific reporting that I do, I keep the original data
to five or six significant figures, but reports must only use three. It
would nice to be able to specify the number of significant figures for
display rather than a minimum and maximum number of digits before and
after the decimal place, and it wouldn't seem to be very difficult to do
in the processor.

Regards,
Dan Culley
Georgetown University