[XQuery] XQ-IBM-026 Function conversion rules

From: Don Chamberlin <chamberl@almaden.ibm.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 17:29:06 -0500
To: public-qt-comments@w3.org
In XPath/XQuery Section 3.1.5, Function Calls, under "Function Conversion
Rules", after atomization, we find the following rule: "Each item in the
atomic sequence that is of type xdt:untypedAtomic is cast to the expected
atomic type." This is not completely specified for certain built-in
functions such as fn:abs() in which the expected parameter type is
"numeric", which includes integer, decimal, float, and double. To complete
the specification, we should insert the following sentence after the rule
cited above: "For parameters of built-in functions where the expected type
is specified as numeric, arguments of type xdt:untypedAtomic are cast to
xs:double."

--Don Chamberlin