Last Call comments on XQuery 1.0: An XML Query Language XSCH-QL-009

From: David Ezell <David_E3@VERIFONE.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 21:27:49 -0500
To: <public-qt-comments@w3.org>

Dear Colleagues,

This comment pertains to the 12 November 2003 internal WD of
XQuery 1.0: An XML Query Language [1].

Please accept our sincere apologies on being past-due with this
submission.

Regards,
David Ezell (on behalf of the XML Schema WG)

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/2003/WD-xquery-20031112/

XSCH-QL-009 Section 3.4 Arithmetic Expression

    If the operand types are now valid for the given operator, the
    operator is applied to the operands, resulting in an atomic value
    or a dynamic error (for example, an error might result from dividing
    by zero.)

We recommend an anchor over "dividing by zero" pointing to the functions
and operators document, e.g. [2].

[2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-query-specs/2003Dec/att-0001/xpath-functions.html#func-numeric-divide