Re: [Cross-spec] Namespace URI? Namespace Name? Namespace IRI?

On 2/21/04 2:55 AM, "Michael Kay" <mhk@mhk.me.uk> wrote:
> My inclination is to live with the inconsistency. We should just add a
> note to the relevant specs, and most particularly to the data model,
> pointing out that we are using the term "namespace URI" to mean
> "namespace name", and that its value can be any IRI, or perhaps anything
> you like except a zero-length string.

Can it be http://www.w3.org/XML/1998/namespace if the (result) prefix is not
xml ?

--
Michael Brundage
xquery@comcast.net

Writing as
Author, XQuery: The XML Query Language (Addison-Wesley, 2004)
Co-author, Professional XML Databases (Wrox Press, 2000)

not as
Technical Lead
Common Query Runtime/XML Query Processing
WebData XML Team
Microsoft