ORA-FO-343-E: Incorrect, and not perfectly correctable, reference

From: Stephen Buxton <Stephen.Buxton@oracle.com>
Date: 17 Feb 04 11:13:07
To: public-qt-comments@w3.org

SECTION 2.5: fn:document-uri

In Section 2.5, "fnd:document-uri", we find the text "as defined by the accessor function dm:document-uri in Section 6.1 base-uri Accessor."  It seems obvious that this is a typographical error, since the Functions & Operators section is named "document-uri"; we believe that the intent was to reference a section in the Data Model document dealing with dm:document-uri.

However, there is no section at all in the Data Model document whose title is "base-uri Accessor"!  In fact, the only uses of the term "document-uri" in the Data Model occur in Section 6.1.2, "Accessors", in which dm:document-uri appears as the third of "Three additional accessors".

Perhaps the wording in F&O should be changed to read "as defined by the accessor function dm:document-uri in Section 6.1.2 Accessors." or perhaps to "...Section 6.1, Document Nodes".

This is slightly more than the editorial comment that we have filed on F&O Section 2.5, "fn:base-uri", but it also raises the same concerns that additional references to the Data Model document may be incorrect.

- Steve B.