ORA-DM-221-E: Unnecessary term, "partial functions"

From: Stephen Buxton <Stephen.Buxton@oracle.com>
Date: 17 Feb 04 09:20:55
To: public-qt-comments@w3.org

SECTION 2.2: Notation

In the 5th paragraph, we read that "some functions are partial functions", but that term is not further used in the specification.  While we have no doubt that the statement is accurate, we believe that it adds nothing to the other material in the 3rd, 4th, and 5th paragraphs.  In fact, it may have the undesired effect of causing readers of the specification to stop and attempt to determine why the statement is there.

We suggest removing the sentence and rewording the remainder of the paragraph as required to account for that removal.

- Steve B.