ORA-XQ-209-C: what is the type of a variable in a default clause?

From: Stephen Buxton <Stephen.Buxton@oracle.com>
Date: 16 Feb 04 13:38:25
To: public-qt-comments@w3.org

SECTION 3.12.2: Typeswitch

fourth para after the BNF begins: "A case or default clause may
optionally specify a variable name. Within the return expression of the case or default clause, this variable name is bound to the
value of the operand expression, and its static type is considered
to be the SequenceType named in the case or default clause."
I can see the SequenceType specified in CaseClause, but the
default clause has no syntax to specify a sequence type (and probably
should not). My guess is that the type is the most general (item()*).
This needs to be clarified.

- Steve B.