[XQuery] MS-XQ-LC1-089

From: Michael Rys <mrys@microsoft.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 03:14:16 -0800
To: <public-qt-comments@w3.org>

Section 3.7.1.5 Type of a Constructed Element
Technical

We believe that implicit validation on element construction (and
validation in general) adds considerable complexity to XQuery. However,
there is still value in having input data typed.

Therefore we propose to decouple validation from the schema import and
either remove validation from XQuery or make it a separate optional
validation feature (that then may also add the validation mode
preserve).

Thus, an implementation would only have to support the semantics of
validation mode = skip in the base conformance.