RE: [XPath/XQuery] XPath allows functions to be called

From: Martin Duerst <duerst@w3.org>
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2004 19:25:59 -0500
To: "Michael Kay" <mhk@mhk.me.uk>, <public-qt-comments@w3.org>

At 23:45 04/02/15 +0000, Michael Kay wrote:

> > "XPath allows functions to be called" sounds totally
> > redundant. Please remove or improve wording.
> >

>You're referring to 3.1.5, I assume?

I guess yes; there is only one such sentence (and a corresponding
one in XQuery).

>To me the sentence is obvious, but not redundant. What's obvious to me
>and you isn't necessarily obvious to every reader. I think it's a true
>statement and deserves saying.

Well, yes, but I think the text can be improved to make it look
a lot less redundant. A simple thing would be to move it up to
make it the first sentence of the 'function' section. There are
probably better ways.

Regards,    Martin.