[F&O] XSCH-FO-004 fn:escape-uri and percent

From: Xan Gregg <xan.gregg@jmp.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2004 10:20:04 -0500
To: public-qt-comments@w3.org

Dear Colleagues,

This comment pertains to the 25 December 2003 internal WD of XQuery 1.0
and XPath 2.0 Functions and Operators, as provided to our WG [1].

[1]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-xml-schema-wg/2004Feb/0000.html

Xan Gregg, on behalf of the XML Schema Working Group

XSCH-FO-004 fn:escape-uri and percent (7.4.10)

Given the potential confusion regarding whether PERCENT SIGN "%" is
escaped or not (we read that it is never escaped by fn:escape-uri),
we suggest some explanatory comments be added so that the user will
be confident that this an intentional variation from the cited RFCs.
For instance, you might add that if a user wishes to convert a file
name (which may contain a "%") to a URI then he or she must first
manually escape any "%" by replacing it with "%25".

Also, since you are aligning with XLink, a reference to XLink would be
appropriate