Re: [DM] Typed value for elements

Michael Rys wrote:

>Contains expects a string typed value. The semantic rules of atomization
>will employ fn:data()/dm:typed-value(). Even for fn:contains().
>
>Your proposal is going to either remove useful functionality or add
>additional complexity in the atomization process. Neither of which I am
>in favor of.

Or redefine xslt:value-of() and fn:contains(), acknowledging that they
are text-oriented. For instance, fn:contains() could be defined using
the following signatures:

fn:contains($arg1 as item(), $arg2 as xs:string?) as xs:boolean

fn:contains( $arg1 as item(),
             $arg2 as xs:string?,
             $collation as xs:string) as xs:boolean

fn:contains() would return true if $arg2 occurs in fn:string($arg1).  We
probably would have to look carefully at our function signatures if we
adopted my proposal, but I think this is a significantly cleaner and
simpler proposal than the status quo.

What useful functionality do you think this would remove?

Jonathan