[XQuery] IBM-XQ-003: New term for in-scope namespaces

From: Don Chamberlin <chamberl@almaden.ibm.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2004 15:49:21 -0800
To: public-qt-comments@w3.org
(IBM-XQ-003) At present, our documents are inconsistent in their use of
the term "in-scope namespaces". In the XPath and XQuery documents,
"in-scope namespaces" is part of the Static Context and is a property of
an expression. On the other hand, in the Data Model and Functions and
Operators documents, "in-scope namespaces" is a property of an element and
has another meaning entirely. The term "in-scope namespaces" appears13
times in the Data Model document and 10 times in F&O document. I think we
should fix this inconsistency by changing the term "in-scope namespaces"
in the Static Context to "declared namespaces" and using this term
throughout the XQuery and XPath documents. The term "declared namespaces"
suggests where the information comes from: either a namespace declaration
in the Prolog, or a namespace declaration attribute. In this solution, no
changes are needed to the Data Model and F&O documents.

--Don Chamberlin