[Serialization] IBM-SE-012: Version parameter

From: XML Query <xmlquery@us.ibm.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2004 16:15:43 -0800
To: public-qt-comments@w3.org
Serialization Section 4.1, "XML Output Method: the version Parameter":
This section contains the words "If the processor does not support this
version of XML ...". This seems to imply that support for XML versions is
an optional feature. We should clearly specify the requirements in this
area. Possibly support for XML 1.0 is required and support for XML 1.1 is
an optional feature that should be included on our optional feature list?

--Don Chamberlin