IBM-DM-020: Sharing of namespace nodes

From: XML Query <xmlquery@us.ibm.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2004 11:08:46 -0800
To: public-qt-comments@w3.org
Data Model Section 6.4.1 (Namespace Nodes--Overview): The last sentence of
the last paragraph states that "Elements never share namespace nodes." It
should be clearly stated that this rule applies only to implementations
that expose the namespace axis. For implementations that do not expose
this (deprecated) axis, sharing namespace nodes is a very reasonable
strategy. For example, in Appendix D, just before the box containing
Document Node D1, we read, "We're assuming an implementation that does not
expose the namespace axis. Therefore we can share namespace nodes across
multiple elements."