RE: FW: XSLT 2.0: XML Output Method: the omit-xml-declaration Parameter

Hello,

     I see that my description of the decision wasn't as precise as I'd
wanted it to be.  The decision was, as Michael Kay indicated, that the
value of the omit-xml-declaration parameter is always respected:  the
declaration is output if and only if the parameter has the value "no".

     Further, it will be a serialization error if the parameter has the
value "yes", but the settings of other parameters would require an XML or
text declaration to be emitted.  In particular, an XML or text declaration
is required if the standalone parameter has the value "yes" or the value
"no", or if the version parameter has a value other than "1.0", and the
doctype-system parameter is supplied.  In response to your comment, the
setting of the encoding parameter is never considered to conflict with the
setting of the omit-xml-declaration parameter.

     A host language can ensure that such a serialization error will never
occur - in particular, XSLT will ensure that the values of parameters will
never conflict in this way.

"Michael Kay" <mhk@mhk.me.uk> wrote on 2004-04-20 07:56:11 AM:
> I think (hope) that the decision of the WGs is:
>
> When the output method is XML, an XML declaration will be output if and
only
> if the omit-xml-declaration parameter has the value "no". In XSLT, the
> default value will be "no".
>
> Michael Kay

Thanks,

Henry