RE: Alternative StepExpr evaluation policy

There are alternative proposals that we considered where E2 returns
atomic values:

One is that an expression such as

Expr/foo(.)

where foo() returns an atomic value based on the passed node,
passes each node as argument to the function foo and returns the
sequence of
atomic values.

Since there are several possible interpretations, I would consider this
to be something to be investigated for the next version at this time,
since I think getting XQuery done is more important than piling more
features on.

Best regards
Michael