RE: Are the static inference rules normative or non-normative?

Dear Murata-San

Since we have not yet finalized the conformance section, we have not yet
a full answer to your question.

The latest discussion was that the static analysis is normative as a
lower-bound and implementations could infer more precise types. What is
needed for conformance, I don't know yet.

I personally find the loss of type information on backwards-axes to be
problematic as well. If you would like to propose more precise inference
rules, I am sure we will look at them and see if we can/want to
incorporate them.

Thanks
Michael

non-normative?