RE: Namespace prefixes for functions and operators considered confusing

The functions in XPath 1.0/XSLT 1.0 already use the notion of namespaces
for scoping function libraries. Since we need such a mechanism and need
to be backwards compatible with XPath 1.0/XSLT 1.0, there is really no
other choice. The reason that op: is specially handled is because these
functions are not accessible and are only used for definitional use.

Best regards
Michael