RE: [F&O] 10.2.3 and 10.2.4 Naming consistency

From: Kay, Michael <Michael.Kay@softwareag.com>
Date: Tue, 13 May 2003 04:36:37 +0200
To: Svgdeveloper@aol.com, public-qt-comments@w3.org

> The better option seems to me to be to call the function in
> 10.2.3 the
> get-namespace-uri-from-QName.

It's worth pointing out that if we are to follow the terminology of the
Namespaces rec, as you suggest in your other comments, then we should speak
of the "namespace name" rather than the "namespace URI". Unfortunately this
would be rather confusing since the name of a namespace node is not the
namespace URI (namespace name) but the namespace prefix....

My view is that the terms "local name" and "namespace URI" have become
accepted through usage; they were used in XPath 1.0 and have not caused
users any problems that I am aware of.

Michael Kay