Re: Threading of responses to comments

pcotton@microsoft.com writes:

> For some reason Outlook removes the leading "F&O:" from the subject
> field when we use it to Reply to messages (I tested this). Maybe it does
> it since it does this for "FW:" and "RE:" so you don't get messages with
> "RE: RE: RE:" at the beginning of the subject field.
>
> Andrew:  Maybe it would be better if you put the document reference in
> square brackets e.g "[F&O]" in your subject fields to avoid this
> problem.

Hi Paul,

I think there are a few more comments already in the pipeline with a : in it.
I will switch to using square brackets and hope that Outlook will be happier
with that. :)

Unless I hear to the contrary I will continue using the document names in
comments, since it seems to me to help the various editors pick out comments
on documents for which they are directly responsible.

Regards

Andrew Watt