RE: namespace nodes in element content

From: Kay, Michael <Michael.Kay@softwareag.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2003 14:45:50 +0200
To: Per Bothner <per@bothner.com>, public-qt-comments@w3.org
XQuery does not provide the namespace axis, and does not provide any other
construct that allows you to get your hands on a namespace node. Therefore,
the sequence that provides the content for a new element can never contain
namespace nodes, except in the very limited and controlled way allowed by
computed namespace constructors.

Michael Kay