Re: [xslt2 func/op] tokenizing "abba" to ("a","b","b","a")

From: David Carlisle <davidc@nag.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2003 13:19:56 +0100
To: Michael.Kay@softwareag.com
CC: tobiasreif@pinkjuice.com, public-qt-comments@w3.org

> That's a good point. The intended meaning of the sentence was
>
>if (fn:matches("", $pattern))
>
>but you are right to point out that a different interpretation is possible.

Also I think this different interpretation is preferable.

fn:tokenize should logically be
fn:replace where the replacement string is the "token separation"
you need a different function because of syntax and typing
considerations, but logically it is a cousin of fn:replace not of
fn:matches.

David

http://www.star.net.uk