XSLT: sequences in Exprs and notation, XPath: FLWR?

From: Max Froumentin <mf@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2002 17:24:02 +0200
To: public-qt-comments@w3.org

Hi,

I was checking whether I was allowed to write <xsl:value-of
select="1,2,3"/>, after Saxon7.2 rejected it (while allowing
"(1,2,3)"). I read the xslt spec, and found that in value-of the
content of the select attribute is an 'expression', corresponding to
the XPath production Expr, which does not include ExprSequence (which
would have allowed "a,b,c"). Did I miss something or is there an error
in the spec, or saxon, or both?

While looking for an answer I found that "sequence-expression" and
"node-sequence-expressions", found in the element syntax notation
do not seem to be defined in the draft.

And Issues 318 and 233 have locus 'xpath' and are about FLWR
expressions, which are not in XPath.

Max.