RE: Response to Tim Bray's..no minOccurs/maxOccurs?

> Does that mean that the "validate" expression doesn't pay
> attention to them?

No.  XQuery 1.0 [1] clearly states:

"The validate expression invokes the full schema validation process,
except that identity constraints, as defined in section 3.11.4 of [XML
Schema] Part 1, are not applied. All facets of simple types are checked,
and default values are supplied as defined in the XML Schema
specification."

/paulc

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/xquery/#id-validate

Paul Cotton, Microsoft Canada