Re: "Validator.nu testing framework" GSOC Project

Hello,

Thanks for the quick reply. I managed to download the codebase indeed
and look at the general structure. Unfortunately, I still have some
problems with running it locally. :( I have a good knowledge of the HTML
standard in general, but I am not familiar with all the details of the
new features introduced in HTML5 (I have only a high level view). My
initial plan is the following:

  * the testcases will be html files with additional markup containing
    further commands (e.g. assertions)
  * the framework will take the file, strip the unit test details and
    pass it to the validator
  * the framework receives the results and compare them with the ones
    from assertions
  * I also wanted to port most of the tests already available on the
    web-platform-tests <https://github.com/w3c/web-platform-tests>
    project (by replacing the javascript assertions with assertions
    available the new framework)

Please have in mind that I only have a basic knowledge of the internals
of the validator.nu and that this is only an initial proposal. I will
study more this week and come back with a final proposal at the
beginning of the next one. Please let me know if you think this is a
correct direction.

Best regards,
Cristian-Alexandru STAICU