Re: libxml2 errors list for markup validator

From: olivier Thereaux <ot@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2009 10:02:15 -0500
Cc: "public-qa-dev@w3.org list" <public-qa-dev@w3.org>
To: Karl Dubost <karl+w3c@la-grange.net>

On 18-Feb-09, at 6:40 PM, Karl Dubost wrote:
> Le 18 févr. 2009 à 13:40, olivier Thereaux a écrit :
>> 	if (!IS_BLANK_CH(RAW)) {
>> 	    xmlFatalErrMsg(ctxt, XML_ERR_SPACE_REQUIRED,
>> 			   "attributes construct error\n");
>> 	}
>> This is particularly interesting to me:
>> * it shows me where the "attributes construct error" text came from
>> * it shows that the actual code for the error is
>> ... and frankly, knowing that the error comes from missing space
>> (between attributes) is hugely useful there
> Would it be useful to create a catalog based on the actual code such

I think the ideal material we could work on would be a catalog that

65 -> XML_ERR_SPACE_REQUIRED -> [ all the error messages (default +
custom) used for this code]

That way I guess we could differentiate error messages and
explanations depending on whether XML_ERR_SPACE_REQUIRED is actually a
"attribute construct error" subcase, or "Space required after
'SYSTEM'" etc.

That might take a bit of manual labour, but the relevant source files
seem to be only parser.c and HTMLparser.c - so it's manageable.

Karl, are you interested in starting this?