Re: [Semantic Data Extractor]

From: Dominique Hazael-Massieux <dom@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2008 13:16:52 +0200
To: "ONeal, Alexandra" <alex.oneal@classmates.com>
Cc: public-qa-dev@w3.org

Hi Alex,

Le mardi 22 juillet 2008 à 17:23 -0700, ONeal, Alexandra a écrit :
> Thanks for a great service!  I have been trying to evangelize good
> semantics for some time, and this tool is a great demonstrater of the
> need.

Thanks for the positive feedback!

>  However, I've encountered a slight problem.
>
> Well-marked-up pages (XHTML-compliant, CSS-compliant, well-organized
> semantically), which can be analyzed without issue at this page
> (http://www.w3.org/2003/12/semantic-extractor.html) in Opera or IE6,
> sometimes return an error in Firefox.  This is the error:
> Using org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser
> Exception net.sf.saxon.trans.DynamicError: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: The markup in the document following the root element must be well-formed.
> org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: The markup in the document following the root element must be well-formed.
> Thought you'd want to know.  Thanks again!

Could you:
 * cite a specific example of page that triggers this error in the tool?
 * give more details about which version of Firefox gets this error, and
possibly which OS?

(I tried on both Firefox 3 and 2 applied to the W3C home page and
couldn't reproduce the problem, hence my questions)

Thanks!

Dom