Re: [Semantic Data Extractor] - meanings of error reports?

From: Dominique Hazael-Massieux <dom@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2007 13:25:44 +0200
To: cadunn <cadunn@vt2000.com>
Cc: public-qa-dev@w3.org

Hi,

Le jeudi 14 juin 2007 à 04:26 -0400, cadunn a écrit :
> I have looked to find an explanation of the msg. I get after
> submitting a page to the Semantic Extractor and can find no
> explanation.

Could you give the URI of the page you tried to check with the semantic
extractor?

> Is there somewhere information about possible responses one may
> get when submitting a page. On several sites I get the following
> msg.:
>
> Using org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser
> Exception net.sf.saxon.trans.DynamicError:
> org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Content is not allowed in prolog.
> org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Content is not allowed in prolog.

This sounds like an XML well-formedness error.

> A page of error meanings would be extremely helpful.

Unfortunately, the semantic data extractor is very much an ad-hoc
service, relying on an XSLT processor to do its job - when the XSLT
processing fails, there is currently very little that can be done to
transmit a more meaningful error description to the user.

Regards,

Dom