Re: Packaging CSS Validator and Command line

On Jan 9, 2007, at 18:33 , Yves Lafon wrote:

> On Tue, 9 Jan 2007, olivier Thereaux wrote:
>
>> html request http://www.w3.org/
>> Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/w3c/
>> tools/resources/ProtocolException
>>       at org.w3c.css.css.StyleSheetGenerator2.<init>
>> (StyleSheetGenerator2.java:68)
>

> Ok, there is a missing jar, there. The one containing Jigsaw's
> client-side HTTP stack. Either you put the class in the same jar,
> or you have the two jars and set the classpath (from the
> validator.jar) accordingly.

Hmm, I'm out of luck here. I've amended the build.xml to

1) give the proper path for
<pathelement location="${servlet.lib}"/>
<pathelement location="${jigsaw.lib}"/>
(so maybe the class in question is not in jigsaw.jar?)

2) copying all of http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/java/classes/org/w3c/tools/
resources/ into my source tree - but I can't do that as some of the
code isn't java 1.5 friendly, apparently.

Any other/better idea?