Re: Packaging CSS Validator and Command line

From: Jean-Guilhem Rouel <jean-gui@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 09 Jan 2007 18:41:54 +0100
To: Yves Lafon <ylafon@w3.org>
Cc: Karl Dubost <karl@w3.org>, QA Dev <public-qa-dev@w3.org>

Hi,

Yves Lafon a écrit :

> On Tue, 9 Jan 2007, Karl Dubost wrote:
>
>> Hi Yves,
>>
>> do you know if it's easy to package the CSS validator in a way that it
>> is usable either
>>
>> - a desktop application
>
> You can install your server with the CSS validator on it on your
> machine, that way it can be a desktop application :)
> (it is possible to create a .war, it may have to be modified for the new
> UI)
>
>> - a command line application
> It was possible a long time ago, with something like java -jar
> cssvalidator.jar [some options] <URI>
> Most probably, a few things might need some tuning, but it is also
> possible. There should be a plain text output for that mode.
> HTH,

During my first internship I created a new command line appl. The main
class is org.w3c.css.css.CssValidator.

java org.w3c.css.css.CssValidator --help

Calling java -jar css-validator.jar won't use this class but the
previous appl and won't probably work. It shouldn't be too hard to adapt
the build.xml to use the new class.

--
Jean-Guilhem Rouel                    http://www.w3.org/People/Jean-Gui
W3C Webmaster   MIT/CSAIL             http://www.w3.org/