Re: Packaging CSS Validator and Command line

From: olivier Thereaux <ot@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2007 18:02:25 +0100
Cc: QA Dev <public-qa-dev@w3.org>, Yves Lafon <ylafon@w3.org>
To: Karl Dubost <karl@w3.org>

On Jan 9, 2007, at 08:04 , Karl Dubost wrote:

> Hi Yves,
>
> do you know if it's easy to package the CSS validator in a way that
> it is usable either
>
> - a desktop application
> - a command line application

Since we have a working ant build file now (thanks to Jean-Gui IIRC)
we can now publish a jar file. I think it will be helping. I just put
one I compiled today, at:
http://www.w3.org/QA/Tools/css-validator/css-validator.jar

  It won't qualify as desktop app, but as a commandline, it should
work, as explained at bottom of
http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/DOWNLOAD.html

However, the method explained in the doc seems to fail right now,
with a java trace. Probably something one of our java gurus could
look into. Peter, Jean-Gui? Any interest?

ot@hae:~/Sites/cvs/public/2002/css-validator% java -jar css-
validator.jar http://www.w3.org/
html request http://www.w3.org/
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/w3c/
tools/resources/ProtocolException
         at org.w3c.css.css.StyleSheetGenerator2.<init>
(StyleSheetGenerator2.java:68)
         at org.w3c.css.css.StyleSheetCom.notifyEnd
(StyleSheetCom.java:330)
         at html.tags.HtmlParser.run(HtmlParser.java:239)
         at org.w3c.css.css.StyleSheetCom.htmlRequest
(StyleSheetCom.java:63)
         at org.w3c.css.css.StyleSheetCom.main(StyleSheetCom.java:252)