Re: validator/httpd/cgi-bin check,1.556,1.557

From: Terje Bless <link@pobox.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2007 11:46:43 +0200
To: "olivier Thereaux" <ot@w3.org>
Cc: public-qa-dev@w3.org

> I see. Fact is, the warning *is* triggered by this DTD issue, hence
> clogging of the logs.

Sure, but that's a bug in the test; it's comparing a line length found
by indexing into the Document Instance data based on the line number
reported in the External Subset data, to the reported column the error
was detected.

This probably means the warning will be (improperly) triggered every
single time we're confused about the parse mode (or at least for one
of the combinations XML/SGML or SGML/XML).