Re: Markup Validator: group categories of errors

On 9 Nov 2005, at 15:01, David Dorward wrote:
> Given that one error can be a consquence of another error, the order
> that the errors appear in is important. I suspect grouping errors
> would, while making the results less intimidating, also make them
> harder to work with.

In the long run, I think less intimidating means more people actually
using the validator as a tool instead of being scared by it,
especially on pages with 356 errors: how is one supposed to be
handling *that*?

But I do agree with you about errors being consequences of one
another, so fixing one would fix lots of others in cascade, and I
don’t think adding yet another option would be a good idea at this
point.

Still, I think there’s value in grouping errors as I said before:
what do other people think?

Is there a way to include it without breaking the current (and
useful) behavior, or is it a bad idea altogether?
--
Antonio