Re: Making Linkchecker working parallel

From: Ville Skyttä <ville.skytta@iki.fi>
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 16:34:52 +0300
To: QA Dev <public-qa-dev@w3.org>

On Mon, 2005-08-29 at 19:01 +0900, olivier Thereaux wrote:

> I have started moving code in this direction, see rev 4.22 of
> bin/checklink. It is not great code at all (and I blame it partially on
> a nasty virus numbing and dumbing me down even more than usual...) but
> hopefully it's a starting point.
>
> Ville, Dom, you had expressed a wish to play with such code, please
> tell me if you're doing any modification and planning a commit, so that
> I know if I should proceed to cleaning up my code within the next few
> days, time permitting.

Go ahead, I have no commits pending.

One comment about the patch, though, it contains a few argument
assignments like:

  -  my ($testing, $uri, $want_links, $links, $redirects) = @_;
  +  my ($testing, @links_to_check, $want_links, $links, $redirects) = @_;

It's dangerous to use an array in the middle of the arguments like that.
A quick fix would be to pass @links_to_check as an array ref instead.
Witness:

  sub foo {
    my ($foo, @bar, $quux, $baz) = @_;