Re: check with SGML::Parser::OpenSP (and branches)

From: Terje Bless <link@pobox.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 08:17:06 +0200
To: QA Dev <public-qa-dev@w3.org>

olivier Thereaux <ot@w3.org> wrote:

>How about adding a paragraph to the installation document, saying: [[…]]

We should avoid refering users to the source when at all possible.

>Also as you noted, 0.8 could quite reasonably require perl 5.8.

0.8.0 will require Perl 5.8; no ifs about it.

>>I'm not sure if the top-level "TemplateOptions" section is the best
>>choice in the config file; if someone has better ideas for the name or
>>the "level", shoot.
>
>We are in validator.conf, in a context of configuration options. So I
>suggest simply <Templates>...</Templates>

Do we want to support the general feature of letting users specify options to
HTML::Template? If not, I suggest we do this without a <Templates/> section.

>Does anyone know whether we're going to need apache2 +
>mod_perl2 or if 0.8 will run on 1.3+mod_perl?

Given the level of difference between the two — and the API changed
significantly as late as 2.0RC5 — I don't think we want to expend effort on
trying to support mod_perl 1.

--
>For all I know they probably have a standard for
>which direction to put the thread on a bolt.

That would be ISO 261:1973.         -- John Cowan