Re: S:P:O in cvs is win32-specific?

From: Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>
Date: Tue, 07 Sep 2004 14:19:30 +0200
To: olivier Thereaux <ot@w3.org>
Cc: QA Dev <public-qa-dev@w3.org>

* olivier Thereaux wrote:
>cl as in the windows C compiler? Just a guess, - "cl" is not an easy
>thing to google - but that and the lD with backslashes seem to point in
>the same direction.

As I wrote in my announcement,

To use it, you will most likely have to tweak the Makefile.PL to set CC
and LD to g++ and LIBS to \qw[-losp]. Let me know if that's not enough.

You will now further need OpenSP from CVS rather than 1.5.1, get it via
(using no password as password)

  cvs -d:pserver:anonymous@cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/openjade login

  cvs -z9 -d:pserver:anonymous@cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/openjade
    co openjade/sp -r opensp_1_5_branch

or similar.

>So... Is SPO win32 only on purpose, is my makemaker (or its user)
>stupid, or...?

This is on purpose, the alternative would be to make this GCC specific
or similar which is not exactly useful for me. The problem here is that
there is no good way to say MakeMaker "this is C++ code".

HTH.