Re: Random thoughts on modularization of validator(s)

From: olivier Thereaux <ot@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2004 17:14:19 +0900
To: QA Dev <public-qa-dev@w3.org>
Trying to follow-up on loose threads I should not have abandoned so
fast.

On Jul 20, 2004, at 20:35, Nick Kew wrote:
>> seems to point towards something more complicated [insert vague
>> ramblings on dividing and processing parallel validation, using trendy
>> acronyms e.g NRL, DSDL - I am yet to investigate these fields
>> further.]. Should we aim at doing that too?
>
> Huh?

There is some ongoing work with apparently potentially important
consequences for XML validation. Since we're talking m12n, and
eventually splitting xml and sgml validation, this is something at
leaat worth keeping on our radar. For example:
	http://www.xmlhack.com/read.php?item=2125

(warning - acronyms ad nauseum)