W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-qa-dev@w3.org > November 2004

[meeting] Notes and log 2004-11-24

From: olivier Thereaux <ot@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2004 16:12:49 +0900
To: QA Dev <public-qa-dev@w3.org>
Message-Id: <3FB565FB-3DE8-11D9-B470-000A95E54002@w3.org>
Against all odds (a busy schedule for some of us and a late reminder), 
we had a meeting yesterday.
Below are my notes, and a trimmed log.
Next meeting: (tentatively) 21 december 2004.


* [check] DTD catalogue:
We plan to eventually decouple the sgml-lib as a standalone product.
For the moment, the "policy" is to only have RECs in the released 
catalogue (dev versions may have intermediate DTDs)
ACTION: nick to pursue his plan to use his catalogue manager with our 
material.

* [check] platform specific install guides:
There are some (pretty good) platform specific installation guides out 
there, but we do not manage them, and they are likely to be wrong at 
some point (especially around the release time of a new version).
Agreement on the following: Until we have a specific guide for a 
platform, we do our best to provide links to any third-party guides. 
Creating specific guides will not be a priority. The generic guide 
should be as good as we can make it; but our main strategy is to 
provide "installers" rather than encourage manual installations. 0.7.0 
release announcement should encoure more guides, translations, etc

* [check] localization of error messages:
error messages and explanations are now in localizable space. This is 
an area that will likely see changes, especially with new error 
checking, etc. We hope to be able to make these changes without hurting 
localization, or the possibility of it. Still need to discuss (among 
other things) namespace for localized dirs (currently en_US, probably 
to be moved as en-us). Will follow-up on this either by e-mail or next 
meeting.

* [link] 4.1 release
Agreement that the imperfect resolution of "timeout" issue should not 
stop us from releasing. We will experiment with ideas to get rid of the 
"cgi" model, but later.
ACTION: Ville to prepare changelog, and cpan-ization. olivier to 
prepare and send announcement.




Thanks to all of you for joining!
-- 
olivier



Received on Wednesday, 24 November 2004 07:13:04 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Thursday, 19 August 2010 18:12:45 GMT