Re: v0.6.6 Release? (was: 0.6.6 bug roundup)

On Wed, 2004-05-19 at 10:18, Terje Bless wrote:
> Nick Kew <nick@webthing.com> wrote:
>
> >So long as the headline message tells the user their document "is/isn't
> >valid foo", I'd strongly agree that we can't allow foo to take a default
> >value.
> >
> >If the headline changes to "pass|fail validation as foo", we're no
> >longer telling a lie when the document isn't actually foo.
>
> Hmmm. That might make sense in general too.

+1.  While at it, how about revising the headline a bit more; now it
says "This page", which sounds like it's referring to the validation
results page, not the one checked?  Dunno about the use of the word
"page" either.  But I'm having a hard time coming up with a good and
short enough replacement for the headline that would satisfy all of the
above "requirements".  Perhaps just:

  Validation results ($doctype): pass|fail|tentative

>  But note that the difference is
> slight, and probably won't make much difference in practice; my guess is that
> it'll be far too subtle a distinction for the users (who lack the context).

Agreed, but I think this is an improvement worth applying anyway (+ not
only the headline, but also the paragraph below it (c|sh)ould be
rephrased).