[meeting] notes and log 2004-05-11

From: olivier Thereaux <ot@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 11 May 2004 18:18:02 -0400
To: QA Dev <public-qa-dev@w3.org>
Summary of new Action Items:

Action Item (Ville): send 0.6.6 bug roundup/status/plan -> qa-dev
Action Item (olivier): harmonization of checklink's layout based on
current markup validator

Summary of discussions:

  * Markup Validator

New design caused a lot of reactions - good and bad -. Style can be
improved still, and we will welcome suggestions, although small
modifications will be much more likely to be accepted than larger,
radical re-designs, and as usual, it's best to submit a patch.

,text and ,tablin in Jump bar not very popular, they'll be replaced as
we move toward better multiple output. Some discussion on using XSLT
for that, Bjoern/Nick interested in doing it, though no immediate plan
to do this before we complete modularization.

  - 0.6.6 release within 1/2 weeks (without beta), including minor fixes.
    Ville will lead the bug roundup.
  - 0.6.5 merged with HEAD (with template code), result in the process
of being fixed.
  - goal for 0.7: get rid of all inline HTML not needed
  - modularization is next big goal

* Link Checker

A few bugs left to fix, and the interface to be modified to be
reasonably consistent with Markup Validator, then we'll proceed with a
release

* Others

Bugzilla will be upgraded soon, then CVSWeb (Ville and olivier to
coordinate)

Log attached, as usual.